SNOW WHITE PROFESSIONALS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
last updated on 17/08/2019
When you make a booking by phone (all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes), email, or through the booking/contact us enquiry forms on the company’s website, visit us in our office, or an estimate has given after our representative visited you in place, you acknowledge that: you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
“The Company” shall mean Snow White Professionals Ltd. Company registered in England and Wales with company number 10580864. We operate the website www.swprofessionals.co.uk
“The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agreed to carry out works and/or supply materials.
“Operative/Specialist/Tradesman” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
“Site” – Any land or premises occupied by the Client and any other place provided by the Customers, over or through which the Labour operates the Company reserve the right to refuse or decline work at our organisation. Where we agree to undertake works for a Customer those work shall be performed by the designed Operative of the Company at its absolute discretion.
Quotations/estimates are valid for 30 /thirty/ days unless otherwise agreed in writing, and are subject to availability or resources. All Quotations/estimates are provided as estimates unless specified as fixed-price jobs. They are an estimate of the likely minimum cost of the work, based on the information available at the moment. Please note the price shown on each estimate/quotation is only for services/materials included to the estimate/quotation. Anything that is not mentioned in the estimate/quotation is NOT included in the price. If any extra work is required by the client or for any extra work occurred due to unforeseen circumstances which the company is not liable for, the price and schedules for these works shall be agreed additionally. Any extra services/supplies are subject to additional charges agreed separately in writing, additional estimate will be sent. Further confirmation will be required. The final price will be calculated on the basis specified in the estimate if any, or if none, in accordance with Snow White Professionals rates and fees applicable at the time the works carried out and may be increased above or reduced below the specified price. All hourly rates are for one operative for one our. All hourly rates have minimum charge per visit shown in the price list even if the job requires fewer hours.
- When you make a booking by phone (all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes), email, through the booking and contact us enquiry forms on the company’s website or visit us in our office, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- Once the time and date for an appointment have been agreed on, availability has been confirmed and payment has been made, you will be given an arrival window.
- Any cancellations or changes to bookings with regard date and time must be made at least 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a cancellation fee of £30+VAT applies. For regular customers on a weekly or fortnightly basis, the cancellation should be made 24 hours prior the booking. Failing to do so, a cancellation fee of £25.00+VAT applies. The customer has the responsibility to make sure that the Snow White Professionals office has been notified during the office working hours – Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm; Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm; Sunday – off; with a clear statement (in writing) and is aware of any changes.
- Any date(s) mentioned in estimates/quotes either in writing or over the phone are estimated dates only and we shall not be in breach of this agreement of failing to start or finish work by any date given in estimates/quotes.
- If the services requested prove to take longer than estimated/quoted due to unforeseen events, you will be charged accordingly at a cost that is confirmed with you in advance. Unless the amended cost is confirmed, the Company will not proceed the work.
- Once the work is completed, the operative will ask the customer to assess the work carried out. When the customer accepts that the job has been done to standard, the Company invoice will be emailed to the customer. If you wish to dispute the invoice you should do so within 7 days, but no later than the payment term shown on the invoice.
- Some of the services might require a site visit/viewing to be carried out prior to the provision of the services. If such a visit/viewing is required by the Customer in out of working hours, a fee will be payable at the time of making the booking to cover the expenses of carrying out a site visit. The fee will be between £10+VAT and £20+VAT depending on location and will be agreed with the Customer at the time of booking. The amount is non-refundable.
1. The company supplies materials/products required for any particular project/job. Additional charge for materials/products supply is agreed with the customer in advance and is included in the estimate/invoice.
2. If a part which is supplied by the company is found to be faulty during the fitting, the operative will exchange/replace it, however, if the fault becomes visible after the job has been completed, should the customer require a further visit for replacement, an additional cost will incur.
3. The Company accepts no liability in respect of late or non-delivery of materials.
4. The Company accepts no liability with respect of faulty parts/materials supplied by the customer.
5. If parts or materials are supplied by the customer and the Company deems those are not suitable, the Company reserves the right not to install or use the incorrect materials or parts.
- The Customer shall provide, on request, any information the Company reasonably requires in order to provide the services. If any information you provide is incomplete or incorrect an additional charge of a reasonable sum to cover any extra work required, may apply. Any additional charges will be agreed with you in advance.
- Where access to your property is required and if keys are provided, they must open and close all locks without any special effort. If the property is protected by an alarm, you must provide full details of how to disable and reset it. You agree to notify the Company if you provide the keys. If you require collection from an agency and returning of the keys, you must give reasonable notice of this request (at least 24 hours). If a key need to be collected outside of the property’s location, then a fee of £10+VAT will apply. If the operative is unable to get access to the property on the booked date and time, you will be liable to pay £30+VAT.
- You will be responsible (at your own cost) for preparing the property for the supply of the services, where necessary, making safe any appliances, removing any items from the areas in the property where the Company will be performing the services, covering any items, furniture or fittings which you will not be moving, to protect them from dust or dirt, as well as for securing or removing any valuables, breakables or sentimental items by the date and time when the work is due to commence.
For End of Tenancy Cleaning, we require empty property, electricity and hot water. A guarantee of the end of tenancy cleaning is not applicable if you fail to provide the requested supplies.
- You shall provide at your expense, clear access to the work area, all necessary electricity/water supplies that might be required to enable the operative to carry out the work. Additional charges might apply otherwise. For all services electricity and hot water should be provided.
- All work carried out by Snow White Professionals Ltd is guaranteed against faulty workmanship under normal usage for a period of three months from the date of completion of work and payment is made. If a fault has accrued due to misuse of the repaired item, then a fee may be chargeable to remedy the work. Notice will be given to the customer before any remedial work is carried out if an additional cost is to be incurred.
- For End of Tenancy Cleaning, you receive 72 hours guarantee. If any omissions are found by your letting agent or landlord we must be informed no later than 72 hours. After the service has been carried out and we will go back to your property and clean all omissions as per the check out report provides.
- If there is a problem with the service please contact the Company either by phone or email and explain the issue as soon as possible. Give us as many details as possible regarding the issue, including pictures, where necessary. We shall investigate the problem and get back to you with a solution within a reasonable period.
- Where the provision of the services cannot be completed within a day, you will allow the Company to leave any tools or materials at your property overnight or at any other times when it is not performing any services, if necessary.
- Snow White Professionals Ltd shall not be held liable for unavoidable damage causes, or any unforeseeable loss the customer or any other party may suffer as a result of the work carried out, nor shall we be liable for any loss of any nature which is not caused by our negligence or our breach of the terms and agreement between us.
- The Company cannot accept liability for its failure to complete all or part of the services where such failure is caused by your failure to book for the recommended number of hours or where you require additional tasks to be carried out of above what was originally booked.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Company shall have no responsibility or liability in relation to the following:
- Pre-existing wear and tear, damage, defects or faults in your property, its contents or belongings.
- Disruption to the services or damage to the property or belongings caused by third parties who are present on site during the performance of the service.
- Damage to the property, its content or your belonging caused by faulty products, materials or equipment provided by you and used by the Company in the performance of the services.
- The data that you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purpose and its discloser to no third party.
- Any personal data supplied by you will be held, stored, used and/or processed (as and when necessary) by us for the purpose or purposes for which it is provided and in accordance with the Data Protection principles and any other requirements of the Act. Disclosure of this information will not take place and will not be given to any third parties unless they show reasonable cause for us to make such a disclosure and then only to the extent that the law allows, e.g. prevention and detection of crime.
1. Payment can be made via bank transfer or by debit/credit card over the phone.
2. For any regular weekly/fortnightly/monthly cleaning/gardening services, payment is due upon receipt of the invoice unless agreed otherwise in writing.
3. For jobs estimated at under £500+VAT payment is required in advance by bank transfer or credit/debit card. For End of Tenancy Cleaning and all one-off services, payment in full is required in advance – the full amount must be received by us at least 2 working days before the date the service is booked in for. The appointment will not be secured until the payment is made.
4. For jobs between £500+VAT and £4,999+VAT, a deposit of 40% is required before or on the starting date at the latest. The balance is due on the date of completion.
5. For projects estimated between £5,000+VAT and £9,999+VAT 30% deposit is required before or on the starting date at the latest. The balance is payable on up to two instalments each of 30%. The last instalment of 10% is due on the date of completion.
6. For projects exceeding £10,000+VAT 20% deposit is required before or on the starting date at the latest. The balance is payable on weekly or fortnightly instalments. The last 5% of the total amount is due on the date of completion.
7. The above payment terms are applicable to any services/supplies undertaken by the company unless agreed otherwise in writing.
8. As soon as an estimate is accepted by the client and all job details and arrangements are agreed, an invoice will be sent accordingly.
9. Failure to pay a deposit prior to commencing the work will result in the job being rescheduled. Failure to make a payment as per the payment term will result in the job being canceled immediately without further notice and the works will be rescheduled..
10. In case of a delay to the project caused by the client, the payment term is not subject to change.
11. The Customer shall pay all amounts due under the agreement in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and the customer shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set off or counterclaim against the Company in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
12. Where the balance is not cleared by the Customer within 7 days of the balance due date, £20 for any cleaning/gardening services and £50 for any builders/handyman/plumbing/electrician/landscaping services administration charge plus interest based on a formula of the ‘reference rate’ of the Bank of England plus 8% will apply. The interest calculated is simple, not compound, according to the following: Debt x interest rate x (the number of days late/365) = interest will apply. If the ‘reference rate’ of the Bank of England is 4%, then the total interest is 12% (reference rate plus 8%). To calculate the interest on the late payment:
£1,000 x 12% = £120 (the interest to be paid in a year)
£120/ 365 = 32.9p (the daily interest).
13. The company will endeavour to complete the work in the estimated time, but any additional chargeable hours will be included in the final price.
14. The Company shall not be required to issue or deliver any certificates, guarantees or other similar documents regarding the Works until payment has been made in full.
15. Where the Customer is represented by a third party (such as a managing agent, contractor or other representatives), in the event of non-payment by the Customer, the third party will be responsible for payment as shown on the invoice unless the Company has agreed otherwise in writing.
Please, check with us for an update.